Job Title: Part Time teaching Jobs At KYU
Part Time teaching Jobs At KYU
Kyambogo University is a Public University with a mission “To advance and promote knowledge and development of skills in Science, Technology and Education and in such other fields having regard to quality, equity and transformation of society.” We pride ourselves in providing “Skills for service.”
To achieve this mission Kyambogo University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to lecture on a Part Time basis, for the Academic Year 2012/2013 in various departments and Faculties below.
a. Faculty of Engineering:
1. Department of Civil & Building Engineering
2. Department of Land & Architectural Studies
3. Department of Mechanical & Production Engineering
4. Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
b. Faculty of Science:
1. Department of Computer Science
2. Department of Biological Science
3. Department of Physics
4. Department of Mathematics
5. Department of Chemistry
6. Department of Sport Science
7. Department of Food Processing Technology
c. Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences:
1. Department of Economics and Statistics
2. Department of Geography & SST
3. Department of Sociology & Social Administration
4. Department of History & Political Science
5. Department of Performing Art
6. Department of Religious Studies
7. Department of Language & Communications Skills
8. Department of Literature
d. Faculty of Vocational Studies:
1. Department of Agriculture
2. Department of Art and Industrial Design
3. Department of Human Nutrition and Home Economics
e. School of Management & Entrepreneurship:
1. Department of Accounting & Finance
2. Department of Administrative & Secretarial Science
3. Department of Business Studies & Entrepreneurship
4. Department of Procurement, Marketing and Supply Chain
f. Faculty of Special Needs & Rehabilitation :
1. Department of Special Needs Studies
2. Department of Community & Disability Studies
3. Department of Adult & Community Education
g. Faculty of Education:
1. Department of Educational Psychology
2. Department of Foundations of Education
3. Department of Educational Planning & Management
4. Department of Teacher Education & Development Studies
5. Department of Distance Education
1. Interested applicants are advised to check the available course units from Heads of Departments in their areas of competence in the above mentioned faculties.
2. Purpose: To develop and impart relevant professional knowledge and skills to students on a part time basis.
3. Duties: The part time lecturer will report to the Head of Department and perform the following duties:
i. Prepare and deliver lectures and tutorials in the allocated discipline.
ii. Develop, prepare, select and use instructional materials and teaching aids.
iii. Carry out continuous assessment and student performance evaluation.
iv. Set, administer and mark assignments, tests and examinations.
v. Compile and submit examination results and other reports to the Head of Department on time.
vi. Supervise students’ research projects and fieldwork.
vii. Offer academic and professional advice to students.
viii. Handle any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
4. Qualifications: At least a Masters degree in the relevant discipline and one year of teaching, research, or other working experience.
5. Remuneration: Part time lecturers shall be paid on an hourly rate for lectures delivered and other duties assigned. Rates paid per hour vary from department to department.
6. Mode of application: Please submit two copies of your application, photocopies of academic certificates, transcripts, a detailed curriculum vitae and letters from three referees.
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by hard copies of academic transcripts, certificates, curriculum vitae and recommendation letters from three referees should reach the RECORDS OFFICE, 1st floor, Administration Block not later than 5:00 p.m. Monday 22nd June, 2012 addressed to:
THE DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCES,
P.O. Box 1